Saturday, May 18, 2013

Book Spotlight ~ VIRGIL [Marius Brothers 8]


Purchase HERE

Virgil has been hiding something… But then again that isn’t anything new to him. He doesn’t fit in with the family that doesn’t even know who he really is. Learning long ago that he wasn’t normal, he strives to just fit in. Fate just doesn’t seem to have it in the cards for him.

Moreo and Foma have been searching for their other mate for centuries. Now that they think they’ve found him, Virgil’s running from them. Panicked that he’s only staying in Greece a few days and confused by his reaction, they decide to take desperate measures. After their plan backfires instead of opening up Virgil to being their mate, can they convince him they were only trying to help? Or will it be the last straw to push Virgil over the edge and leave everything behind to start over somewhere else, saying goodbye to the Mariuses forever?

Excerpt

“Virgil, are you going to come meet Caleb’s people or stand there?” Stefan asked jokingly but I could hear the slight concern in his tone. “Dude, you okay?”

“Yeah,” I answered, clearing my throat. “Just weird seeing Caleb like this with all the grandeur.” I gestured around, lying through my teeth. “That and the flight.” I shrugged. 

“Sorry. Just kind of spaced out.”

“Then we should show you to your rooms for some rest,” Mareo said as he moved closer to me. “I didn’t catch your name.”

I swallowed loudly as I stared up at the massive man. Yes, I had to stare up at him. He was maybe an inch shorter than Foma but at least seven and a half feet tall. “Virgil Marius.”

“Nice to meet you, Virgil,” he said in a slightly husky voice. We shook hands and I noticed that Stefan and Patrick were talking to Liam and Lorcan again, everyone else distracted. They wanted to see their new baby before we settled in.

“Same,” I mumbled, trying to get back my hand and not breathe at the same time. If I took in his scent with how attracted I was to him, my fangs would come right back out and I’d be busted.

“Virgil did you say?” Foma asked, suddenly right next to his mate, both of them practically surrounding me but keeping a polite distance… Technically. To everyone else it might have looked as if we were just in a private conversation. “Lovely fangs you have.”

“Thanks, I’m, um, th–thirsty,” I lied. “Tired and thirsty.”

“Hmm.” Foma glanced at his mate and I had a feeling they didn’t believe me. “Then we should check on you during your nap.”

“Maybe keep an extra close eye on you,” Mareo agreed as he let go of my hand only for Foma to take it in his massive one. I stared into his light brown eyes and found myself twenty seconds from swooning. I swear he had gold flecks swirling around in them or something. It was hypnotic and alluring all at once. “Like as you’re lying naked and sated in our arms.”

I felt a thrill of desire go through me and my fangs, the fucking things, popped back out.  I shook my head and pulled my hand back as I got them to retract. “I’m sorry, no thank you. I appreciate the offer but I’m straight.”

Mareo leaned in until his shoulder- length black hair brushed against my ear. “The erection you’re sporting would suggest otherwise. Why do I get the feeling most everything you’ve said is bullshit, Virgil?”

Because you’re smart. But I couldn’t say that. “If you’ll excuse me, I want to meet my nephew.” I cleared my throat and went to step around them.

“Running won’t stop us from pursuing,” Foma warned.

Who is Joyee? 

Joyee dreams of one day living on enough land to have a few horses, and find a couple of cowboys or pool boys of her own. A lover of men, Joyee is all about them in any form in her books; vampire, werewolf, shape-shifter, military…It’s all good! She loves to get lost in fantasy that only books can bring. Her wide interest in reading is reflected in her writings, whether short stories, romance, or mystical. Currently Joyee lives with her dog, Marius, named after a vampire from Anne Rice’s Interview with the Vampire series. 



Connect with Joyee

 
 


No comments:

Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner
The Deal Series Author Deborah Ann Rex, The Ex and The Hex Letterbox Love Stories Volume 1 Blood will Freeze by Tony-Paul de Vissage The Tarnished Series by Brita Addams Stacked Deck by Jack Frost The Night Man Cometh by Tony-Paul de Vissage Finding Holland by Grace Ryles Twisted Love by JoAnne Myers Cowboys Never Fold by Lexi Post 4 tales of Betrayal when lies, lust, and deceit are unleashed Available now on Bookstrand.com Ravens of War 3 Nikki's Fated by Suzette Rose Cauler Award Winning Author, Lexi Post Loves Myths and Monsters by JoAnne Myers Bookstrand Best Selling Author, Suzy Shearer Check out al of Shirley's Books Zane's Choice:The Doms of Club Mystique 4 by Mardi Maxwell Mirage by Denyse Bridger Amazon Best Selling Author, Christina Tetreault Claiming Her Temporary Men by Grace Ryles Matrix Crystal Hunters by Janice Seagraves Rescued by her Alien Warriors by Doris O'Connor
Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner