Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Book Spotlight ~ Breaking Love by MJ Summers


Luc Chevalier, successful businessman and well-known heart breaker, has everything he desires: power, luxury, beautiful women . . . and no strings attached. Now, an accidental meeting is about to make him question everything.

Megan Sullivan is a single mom with a rather ordinary life. She is comfortable with things just the way they are. She has a six-year-old son, Elliott, a cozy house in Boulder, Colorado, and a photography business to put food on the table. Her ex lives hours away in Florida, which is plenty close enough. Megan is on her own and she intends to keep it that way.

On a chance trip to Paris with her best friend, Megan stumbles into Luc’s seemingly perfect world. They agree to one night together and no more. Yet that night changes Megan.
Luc manages to draw out the passionate woman that Megan has carefully hidden way for years. But she knows she's out of her depth: Luc is beautiful, ruthless and - somewhere deep down inside - irreparably damaged.


Can two people who've yet to find true happiness put aside their fears and fight for what they truly want? One thing is for sure: life won't, life can't, ever be the same again.



Excerpt (Luc Drops Megan off at Hotel)


 

Megan gave him a confused look. “Why would you even want to get to know me? I highly doubt that you and I have anything in common. I’m just a boring small-town soccer mom.”

            Luc squinted a little, considering what she was saying. “I think that is what you want people to see, but there is so much more to you. I see the passionate woman you’ve hidden away, and I can tell she is incredible.”

            “That’s a great line, Luc. But really, I’m no more than what you see. Less, even. Tonight I’m dressed like someone else. If you saw me at home, you wouldn’t even give me a second look.”

            “I find that hard to believe. You might be able to fool everyone else—yourself, even—but you’ll never convince me.” His gaze fell on her lips as he spoke.

            “Look, I’m sure you’re used to women lining up to hop into bed with you, and maybe I seem like a conquest to you, but believe me when I say I’m not looking for this. I promise I’m not playing hard to get. I don’t like those games.”

            “I believe that is true. And I believe you are determined not to sleep with me even though you very badly want to.”

            Meg rolled her eyes. “You might have to at least consider the possibility that I really don’t want to sleep with you.”

            Luc leaned down toward her with a bit of a smirk. “I don’t think I do have to consider that. You already told me at the bar that you want me.”

            “I was drunk. I didn’t know what I was saying.” Meg looked away, trying to avoid his gaze.

            Luc gently lifted her chin with his hand so she was facing him. “You are still drunk and you said exactly what you would otherwise never allow yourself to say.”

            Megan looked into his dark eyes, willing herself not to take in how unbelievably sexy he was. She had never felt so confused by any man. Luc was thoughtful and caring and arrogant and insulting all at the same time. She was irritated and grateful and inexplicably drawn to him. “I’m leaving here in three days,” was all she could think to say.

            “Then, you should make the most of your time in Paris,” he replied, giving her a hint of a smile.

            “You should stop telling me what to do. As a general rule, women don’t like that.” She had been unable to tear her eyes away from his the entire time.

            Luc lowered his voice. “I don’t care what other women like. If it bothers you, though, I will stop.” His fingers were still holding her chin up as they spoke and there was no part of her that wanted him to remove them. The sexual energy surged between them so strongly she was sure that if someone happened upon them, they would be able to see it.

            “Good,” Meg replied in a slightly breathy voice.

Luc took this as an invitation. He leaned down a little further and kissed her gently on the lips, allowing his mouth to linger over hers, savouring the taste and feel of her as though this kiss were meant to hold him over for the rest of his life. When he pulled back, Megan’s eyes were still closed. He smiled at her, as if he knew he was right about her. “I will see you tomorrow, Megan.”

            She opened her eyes and let out a puff of air. “Okay, but it won’t do any good. I’m not going to change my mind.”

            “You already have.”

            With that, he turned and walked out, leaving her standing at the door, feeling dizzy with lust.

            “Wow,” she whispered to herself as she shut the door and leaned against it for a moment, not entirely sure her wobbly legs would hold her up. She had completely forgotten what really being kissed felt like.


Reviews For Breaking Love:

"A fun, often humorous, escapist tale that will have readers blushing, laughing and rooting for its characters." ~ Kirkus Reviews

 

5 Amazingly Wonderful Stars

To the author: This book had me from page 1 and tugged at my heartstrings till the very last page. You had me on the edge of my seat not wanting to leave this book for one moment in fear that I might miss something in the book. The suspense alone in this read was amazing and the ending phenomenal. I hope your readers enjoy this book as much as I did.

Book Enthusiast Promotions Reviewer D. Carpintero

 

5 Stars

A MUST READ! This book is AWESOME. You fall in love with Luc in the first few chapters. I love the "grown up" story. This is not your typical virgin meets playboy, this is for the grown ups ladies.
You will love this book even more than Break in Two, believe it.
Thank you MJ Summers for the ARC, I can't wait for the other books to be published. 

Judi, Arizona

 

5 Stars

I read this book in four days. With kids and full-time work. I can't think of a more glowing endorsement! A sweet, sexy love story about two people who are missing something in their lives and unexpectedly find it in the last place they would expect it. A must read!

Melissa, Goodreads Reader

 

5 Stars

I loved Break in Two, however MJ Summers out did herself! This was a sleepless night, I COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN! I was not a fan of Luc in Break in Two, but he won me over! This is a MUST READ!

Kim, Goodreads Reader
 
 
Author Bio:
MJ Summers currently resides in Canada, not far from the Rocky Mountains, with her husband, three young children and their goofy dog. When she's not writing romance novels, she loves reading (obviously), snuggling up on the couch with her family for movie night (which would not be complete without lots of popcorn and milkshakes), hiking, Zumba and yoga (to make up for the milkshakes), swimming and camping (with lots of gooey s'mores and hard ciders). She also loves shutting down restaurants once a month with her girlfriends. Well, not literally shutting them down, like calling the health inspector or something. More like just staying until they turn the lights off.
MJ is a member of the Romance Writers of America, as well as the International Women's Writing Guild.
                                    
MJ would love to hear from you! She does her best to respond to all inquiries and emails personally. If you would like her to attend a book club meeting via Skype please contact her to book a date.
 
Author Links:
                  https://www.facebook.com/mj.summersbooks
Pintrest: http://www.pinterest.com/mjsummersbooks/
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner
The Deal Series Author Deborah Ann Rex, The Ex and The Hex Letterbox Love Stories Volume 1 Blood will Freeze by Tony-Paul de Vissage The Tarnished Series by Brita Addams Stacked Deck by Jack Frost The Night Man Cometh by Tony-Paul de Vissage Finding Holland by Grace Ryles Twisted Love by JoAnne Myers Cowboys Never Fold by Lexi Post 4 tales of Betrayal when lies, lust, and deceit are unleashed Available now on Bookstrand.com Ravens of War 3 Nikki's Fated by Suzette Rose Cauler Award Winning Author, Lexi Post Loves Myths and Monsters by JoAnne Myers Bookstrand Best Selling Author, Suzy Shearer Check out al of Shirley's Books Zane's Choice:The Doms of Club Mystique 4 by Mardi Maxwell Mirage by Denyse Bridger Amazon Best Selling Author, Christina Tetreault Claiming Her Temporary Men by Grace Ryles Matrix Crystal Hunters by Janice Seagraves Rescued by her Alien Warriors by Doris O'Connor
Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner