Monday, April 7, 2014

Interview of Author Charlie Daye

Welcome Charlie Daye to Sensuous Promos today as she tells us about her work and what it's like to be a busy author.

At what point did you first consider yourself a writer? I actually remember the exact moment this happened. I was working full time when my book, Breeders, hit the best sellers list. Later that week, I'd gone out to dinner with some of the family and friends and I was asked what I did for a living and I replied, "I'm a writer."


Do you write about things similar to your own life experiences? Yes. I also use some of my friends' antics in my stories as well.

If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor? Dean Koontz, hands down. I just think he's amazing!

Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest? Yes, I have recently fallen in love with two indie authors... C.E. Black and D.X. Luc. Ms. Black writes PNR and Ms. Luc write paranormal erotica. I'll admit that they have become my most recent addictions. 

What are you currently working on? Can you give us a sneak peek? Oh boy... I am currently working on six different novels at the moment. One of them being Breeders 3, which I know my fans are ecstatic about! You want a peak... hmmm... ok but just a small one. 

The sun was just starting to dip below the hill line of the valley turning the sky into varying shades of red, purple, pink and orange. The hills were heavily shadowed but there was still enough visible green to contrast the setting sun. Dropping down onto her knee, Navae pulled out her camera and immediately began snapping pictures. She changed angles and positions, dancing around like a kid in a candy store. Backing up against the tree line, she wanted to capture not only the valley but some of the cliff they were standing on as well. But when she lifted the camera up to her eye, the sight she caught in the lens was far more breathtaking than anything nature had to offer. Austin stood off to the side with his back facing the valley. His arms were crossed over his well defined chest and his cornflower blue eyes were trained on her. The light that shined with in those gorgeous baby blues was more brilliant in that moment than the sun would ever be. Unable to resist the temptation that he wrought, Navae snapped several pictures of Austin both at a distance and up close. If this was the only moment they were to have together, she wanted to make sure she never forgot the way he stared at her. To feel so desired, even for just a fraction of a second lifted her spirits higher than they’d been in a while.
Do you see writing as a career? Do you write full time? Or in addition to another job? I do see it as a career. As a matter of fact I write full time while simultaneously being a stay at home wife.

Do you have a cover artist you’ve worked with that you’d like to give props to? Yes!! I work with the amazingly talented Erin Dameron-Hill. She's an amazing artist and I truly believe that her work on Breeders was what captured the eyes of the thousands that read it.

What was the hardest part of writing your book(s)? Actually writing them. Coming up with the ideas for the stories is the easy part.

Where can our readers find you on the world wide web? They can find me at charliedaye.com, authorcharliedaye@gmail.com or on FB.



Here's a peek at Charlie's recent release:
Children of Kria: Fury (Dark Fantasy)


I am a seeker of vengeance;  A mender of broken hearts. 
I respond to the siren call of loneliness and despair. 
I was once a human woman; 
Very much like you; 
Until my heart was destroyed by the man I loved. 
My only purpose now is to avenge those that have been betrayed. 
I am Fury… 
And hell has nothing on me. 





Charlie Daye
Paranormal Romance Author

No comments:

Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner
The Deal Series Author Deborah Ann Rex, The Ex and The Hex Letterbox Love Stories Volume 1 Blood will Freeze by Tony-Paul de Vissage The Tarnished Series by Brita Addams Stacked Deck by Jack Frost The Night Man Cometh by Tony-Paul de Vissage Finding Holland by Grace Ryles Twisted Love by JoAnne Myers Cowboys Never Fold by Lexi Post 4 tales of Betrayal when lies, lust, and deceit are unleashed Available now on Bookstrand.com Ravens of War 3 Nikki's Fated by Suzette Rose Cauler Award Winning Author, Lexi Post Loves Myths and Monsters by JoAnne Myers Bookstrand Best Selling Author, Suzy Shearer Check out al of Shirley's Books Zane's Choice:The Doms of Club Mystique 4 by Mardi Maxwell Mirage by Denyse Bridger Amazon Best Selling Author, Christina Tetreault Claiming Her Temporary Men by Grace Ryles Matrix Crystal Hunters by Janice Seagraves Rescued by her Alien Warriors by Doris O'Connor
Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner