Monday, September 16, 2013

Sensuous Promos Interview with Avril Ashton


Hello everyone, please welcome Avril Ashton to Sensuous Promos today
as she shares with us a little bit about herself and her work.

Avril, thank you for joining us today. I know the readers are eager to get to know you , so let’s get started.

1) Can you tell us a little bit about where you are from? 

I’m from a little island in the West Indies called Grenada, or the Isle of Spice. It’s the most beautiful place; turquoise waters, yellow sand beaches, and all kinds of niceness. That’s where I was born and grew up, I left when I was seventeen and currently live in Brooklyn, NY. 

2) When and why did you begin writing? 

I began writing on the summer of ’09 because I had to. I dreamt about it every night, the characters were in my every thought.


3) At what point did you first consider yourself a writer? 

Signing the very first contract was a big step, but it really was the first time I got a royalty check. That’s when it really h8it, that, yes, I’m getting paid to do this.


4) What inspired you to write your first book

My first book, Blindfold Me, is somewhat autobiographical. It was a stretch on something that happened to me in my teens, something that wasn’t resolved (still isn’t). I needed it resolved, so I wrote it, embellished some, and gave the characters the HEA and resolution I hadn’t received.


5) Do you have a specific writing style? In other words, are you a plotter or a pantser? 

I’m a pantser. I sit down to write with only the main conflict and the two main characters names set in stone. Everything else is a free for all.


6) How did you come up with the titles to your book(s)? 

Love titles. Love. I’ve got a file on my computer with only possible book titles in it. Songs mostly, other times it’s a phrase someone said in passing, a take on a quote, or anything. It takes very little to spark a possible title idea with me.


7) Do you see writing as a career? Do you write full time? Or in addition to another job? 

I’m a full time writer as of March 2013, before that I worked part-time outside of the house. Writing is my career. 


8) Where can our readers find you on the world wide web? 


Bedroom Bully


Sometimes a woman needs more than a gentle touch…

El Lively needs to be punished and after more than a few auditions, she’s found the perfect man for the job. Her body is up for grabs. Not her heart, and definitely not her secrets, but Jud has other ideas.

Jud Kincaid agrees to El’s more-than-indecent proposal, but he’s after more than the physical. He wants an explanation for her sexual kinks, and a way into her heart. El’s being stubborn, but lucky for Jud, he’s just signed on to be her own personal Bedroom Bully.



Author Bio

A Caribbean transplant, Avril now lives in Brooklyn, N.Y., with a tolerant spousal equivalent. Together they raise an eccentric daughter who loves reading and school (not so much school anymore). Avril’s earliest memories of reading revolve around discussing the plot points of Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys with an equally book-minded mother.  

Always in love with the written word, Avril finally decided to do the writing in August of ’09 and never looked back. Spicy love scenes, delicious heroes, and wicked women burn up the pages of Avril’s stories, but there’ll always be a happy ending; Av remains a believer of love in all its forms.

Addicted to cake, the ID Channel and the UFC, Avril writes Erotic and GLBT Romance for Ellora's Cave, Evernight Publishing, eXtasy Books, Secret Cravings Publishing and Total-e-Bound.


1 comment:

Avril Ashton said...

Thanks for having me on!

Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner
The Deal Series Author Deborah Ann Rex, The Ex and The Hex Letterbox Love Stories Volume 1 Blood will Freeze by Tony-Paul de Vissage The Tarnished Series by Brita Addams Stacked Deck by Jack Frost The Night Man Cometh by Tony-Paul de Vissage Finding Holland by Grace Ryles Twisted Love by JoAnne Myers Cowboys Never Fold by Lexi Post 4 tales of Betrayal when lies, lust, and deceit are unleashed Available now on Bookstrand.com Ravens of War 3 Nikki's Fated by Suzette Rose Cauler Award Winning Author, Lexi Post Loves Myths and Monsters by JoAnne Myers Bookstrand Best Selling Author, Suzy Shearer Check out al of Shirley's Books Zane's Choice:The Doms of Club Mystique 4 by Mardi Maxwell Mirage by Denyse Bridger Amazon Best Selling Author, Christina Tetreault Claiming Her Temporary Men by Grace Ryles Matrix Crystal Hunters by Janice Seagraves Rescued by her Alien Warriors by Doris O'Connor
Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner