Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Interview with Tracey Steinbach


Hello everyone, please welcome TraceySteinbach to Sensuous Promos today as she shares with us a little bit about herself and her work. 

Tracey, thank you for joining us today. I know the readers are eager to get to know you , so let’s get started!

At what point did you first consider yourself a writer?

I never considered myself a writer until I received my first acceptance. I would start something that sounded good to me, then I would get stuck on where to go with it. So, I gave up. When I really tried to write a story, I found encouragement from friends went a long way in helping me get passed the parts where I normally would get stuck and give up.

Do you have a specific writing style? In other words, are you a plotter or a pantser?

I am a pantser. I have a picture in my mind of what I want to happen in the story but often times there are detours. I share my progress with people I trust and sometimes, that leads to scenes I hadn’t anticipated. To be honest, I never tried the plotter way, mostly because I write in the living room in a recliner or sitting in the back of whatever vehicle my husband has pulled into the garage. I don’t really have a place for charts, graphs, or outlines.
How did you come up with the titles to your book(s)?

How much of your book(s) have a bit of you in the characters?

My inner smart-ass comes out in my characters. Okay, so it’s not so “inner”. I am a smart-ass. But I love to make people laugh. My first professional review came a couple of days ago and my favorite part of the review was where she said she laughed a lot during the dialogue. I can kill sex, but it’s the laughing that tickles me. Ha ha! Get it? The laughing that tickles me…
 
Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?

Johanna Rae is one of my favorite new authors. She rivals Sherrilyn Kenyon and Laurell K. Hamilton in her ability to weave a story that draws you in. Her book “The Mercenary” is wonderful. She is also a very good friend of mine. 

L.S. Broomfield is another. She has one story in the Evernight 2 anthology published by XoXo Publishing and she is definitely one to watch for in the future.

What are you currently working on? Can you give us a sneak peek?

I don’t have a title for this yet. It’s my first action/adventure romance.
[Tatyana purposely ignored Eric. One of the other girls had to get him his beer while she made herself busy with other things behind the bar. She wasn’t changing her mind, so he could sit there until hell froze over if it made him happy. 

Eric finished his beer and stood up. His patience was wearing thin. He’d sat at this damn bar for over an hour and she hadn’t even come remotely close. Damn stubborn woman. He kept his eyes on her, though and saw her intent before she moved.

She needed to go back to the kitchen and grab more ice, but she would have to pass that pain in the ass agent to get back there. Shit! Better to get it over with, I guess.  Grabbing the ice bucket, she pivoted on her heel and walked toward the swinging door.

He poised himself and waited. As soon as she was within reach, he moved, blocking her path. 

“Ignoring me won’t make me go away, Tatyana.”

Tatyana snarled back. “What will make you go away, Agent?” She considered knocking him in the head with the ice bucket in her hand, but decided against it. Mostly, she didn’t want to clean up the mess it would likely create.

Eric smiled at her. “Your agreement will get rid of me, eventually.”]

Do you see writing as a career? Do you write full time? Or in addition to another job?

I have the dreaded day job. I work in the accounting department of a local manufacturing plant. But I do see writing as a career. It’s my second job. I would love to be able to write full time, though.

Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?

I have so many. Nora Roberts and Johanna Lindsey were the first two authors that I fell in love with. Their ability to tell a story with their eloquent words is what stands out for me. I am also a huge fan of Sherrilyn Kenyon and Laurell K. Hamilton. I love Lora Leigh and Lori Foster. I thoroughly enjoy Tymber Dalton and Stormy Glenn. Leah Brooke and L.A. Banks are among my favorites, also. See? I told you there were many.

What was the hardest part of writing your book(s)?

The hardest part of writing for me is coming up with the names of the characters. I don’t want to use overused names and the name needs to fit the character. Oftentimes, I use one of the baby names sites online to search for new names. Sometimes I search by origin, sometimes by meaning. I have even posted on my Facebook page a description of the character and asked for suggestions from my fans.
 
Where can our readers find you on the world wide web? 





No comments:

Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner
The Deal Series Author Deborah Ann Rex, The Ex and The Hex Letterbox Love Stories Volume 1 Blood will Freeze by Tony-Paul de Vissage The Tarnished Series by Brita Addams Stacked Deck by Jack Frost The Night Man Cometh by Tony-Paul de Vissage Finding Holland by Grace Ryles Twisted Love by JoAnne Myers Cowboys Never Fold by Lexi Post 4 tales of Betrayal when lies, lust, and deceit are unleashed Available now on Bookstrand.com Ravens of War 3 Nikki's Fated by Suzette Rose Cauler Award Winning Author, Lexi Post Loves Myths and Monsters by JoAnne Myers Bookstrand Best Selling Author, Suzy Shearer Check out al of Shirley's Books Zane's Choice:The Doms of Club Mystique 4 by Mardi Maxwell Mirage by Denyse Bridger Amazon Best Selling Author, Christina Tetreault Claiming Her Temporary Men by Grace Ryles Matrix Crystal Hunters by Janice Seagraves Rescued by her Alien Warriors by Doris O'Connor
Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner Margaret Tanner